There’s nothing like spending a sunny summer day in the great outdoors. For those planning an upcoming escape to Big Sky, your Two Pines Properties rental is surrounded by countless adventures that’ll have you surrounded by breathtaking scenery. No trip to this Montana town is complete without spending a day in one of the most popular national parks. During your next visit, give yourself plenty of time to explore some of the best hikes and other activities in Yellowstone National Park.
Basic Park Information
Yellowstone National Park became the first national park on March 1, 1872. The 2.2 million-acre park allows visitors to explore a unique ecosystem of geysers, wildlife, and more. To explore this landmark, you will need to pay an entrance fee; part of that fee goes toward improving services and protecting resources. Before heading out, check the most current road conditions to see if there are any closures or detours.
The Top Yellowstone Park Activities
After enjoying a delicious breakfast in your Big Sky rental, load up the car and head to the park’s west entrance. Be sure to pack a filling lunch using what you purchased from a local grocery store. The last thing you want is to get hungry and have to leave the park for food. During your visit, there is no shortage of things to do and see.
- Explore one of the numerous trails throughout Yellowstone, like the Harlequin Lake Trail or Purple Mountain Trail.
- Saddle up and set off on a horseback ride with licensed outfitters, including Adventures Outfitting or Yellowstone Mountain Guides.
- Experience one of the thermal areas in Yellowstone, but be sure to follow all safety regulations.
- Go for a scenic drive through Firehole Canyon, which takes you past thick lava flows to a viewing area of Firehole Falls.
- No trip to Yellowstone is complete without seeing the Old Faithful Geyser erupt. View this natural phenomenon from the viewing area or the boardwalks that wind between the geyser and Upper Geyser Basin.
No matter where your adventures lead you, keep your eyes open for the wildlife that call this area home.
Reserve Your Montana Adventure Base Camp
At Two Pines, we understand how important the right vacation rental is. After a day exploring the best hikes and other activities in Yellowstone National Park, you want to come space to a place that feels like home. While all of our Big Sky rentals are unique, each one has the comforts of home. Browse our inventory online today to find your dream home away from home. For help reserving your rental or more information on ways to save, call 406-995-2299.