Big Sky is the perfect destination for anyone looking to spend as much time outdoors as possible. No matter the time of year, there is always something to do that will surround you with Mother Nature’s beauty. This is especially true during the winter. Get the most out of your Montana winter escape by reserving a vacation rental from Two Pines Properties.
Our cozy Big Sky rentals put you close to some of the best things to do. They’re also the perfect place to rest up after a long day out in the snow. To help you have the best time possible, our team has put together a list of memorable activities. Because our team is made up of those who call Big Sky home, we have tried many of these things to do ourselves. We feel confident you’ll love them as much as we did! If you plan on bringing your own equipment, check out Ship Skis, which offers our guests door-to-door shipment.
7 Top Big Sky Winter Activities
- Big Sky is a top destination for skiers. Read our post about how to plan for a ski vacation, which includes all the tips you need to make the most of your time at Big Sky Resort.
- Explore the snow-covered landscape on an outing with Spirit of the North Dog Sled Adventures. Your outing will take you through Moonlight Basin.
- Make your reservation for a Sleigh Ride Dinner at Lone Mountain Ranch. The horse-drawn sleigh will bring you to a cabin where you’ll enjoy a family-style prime rib dinner.
- Another popular activity at Lone Mountain Ranch is cross-country skiing, also referred to as Nordic skiing. With more than 50 miles worth of trails, there are paths for skiers of all skill levels.
- See what Yellowstone National Park looks like when blanketed with snow on an outing with Back Country Adventure. In addition to snowmobile tours, they also offer snowcoach tours.
- In addition to beautiful nature, the national park is also home to countless animals. Reserve your spot on a winter wildlife safari with Backcountry Safaris to see how many of these majestic creatures you can see.
- For another unique dining experience, check out the Montana Dinner Yurt. Enjoy a three-course meal inside a cozy yurt, complete with a crackling wood fire stove and live music.
Stay Cozy at Your Two Pines Rental
After a long day out in the snow, there’s nothing better than curling up with a big cup of hot cocoa and your favorite movie. By staying at a Two Pines rental for your Montana winter vacation, you can do just that and more. Each of our Big Sky rentals has all the comforts of home, making the perfect home base for everyone from families to couples.
If you’re staying with us over the winter, we highly recommend checking out our ski-in, ski-out rentals. To learn more about these properties or other Big Sky accommodations, call 406-995-2299. When you’re ready to book your stay, check out our special offers for ways to save.