Located 45 miles south of Bozeman rests Big Sky, a town known for its wealth of incredible outdoor adventures. No matter the time of year, there are countless things to do and see, many of which are only a short drive from your Two Pines Properties rental. Experience the beauty of this region hiking, biking, and more. However, before heading out, you need to make sure you are prepared for the elevation and altitude of Big Sky, Montana.
Ways to Stay Safe While Having Fun
Depending on where you are in Big Sky, you can be anywhere from 6,000 to 11,000 feet above sea level. This elevation above sea level can lead to some travelers experiencing altitude sickness.
When exploring at higher elevations, like those in Big Sky, you take in less oxygen per breath, which can lead to health issues. The symptoms of altitude sickness can include weakness, nausea, and trouble breathing.
There are ways to avoid the impact of the higher elevation, many of which are easy and simple to follow.
- Consider stopping by places like Big Sky Natural Health after checking into your rental for IV therapy treatment. They offer a treatment specifically for the town’s altitude, which can help prevent altitude-related illness.
- While there’s nothing better sometimes than a cold beer to celebrate the start of your vacation, avoid any type of alcohol for the first two days you arrive.
- In addition to the tip above, you will want to be cautious about your alcohol consumption during your stay. Alcohol can be dehydrating, and a key to preventing altitude sickness is staying hydrated.
- To help you stay as hydrated as possible, add electrolytes to your water at least once or twice a day. For some variety, pick up different flavors or other types of electrolyte-rich drinks from a local grocery store.
- Keep in mind that higher elevation means the sun’s ultraviolet rays are more intense. This means it’s extra important to apply sunscreen and take breaks from the sun to ensure you don’t risk sun poisoning.
Relax at Your Big Sky Rental
If you’re not used to the elevation of Big Sky, it’s important to find moments to relax at your Montana rental from Two Pines. Taking time to enjoy the slower pace of vacation is a great way to allow your body a chance to acclimate, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have any fun.
Create a delicious meal in your fully-equipped kitchen, or gather around the dining table for game night. The Big Sky rentals in our collection have everything you need to feel right at home. For more information on which property meets all your wants and needs, call 406-995-2299. We can also answer your questions about ways to save.